Frozen Homemade Dog Treat # 1
FROZEN MEAT POPS
These are easy frozen homemade dog treats. Make with organic dog food to have the best organic dog treats.
(or use any high quality canned food such as Wellness – 95-Percent Chicken, Canned dog food)
I use this canned food for the FROZEN MEAT POPS: EVANGER’S 100% Certified Organic dog food .
It actually smells pretty good, compared to the crappy preservative filled canned food that we all grew up seeing on the grocery shelves. Choose your dog’s favorite flavour.
Each frozen homemade dog treat is low in calories and according to my girls, very tasty indeed. Better than an ice cube on a hot summer afternoon, while resting under the shade tree.
Yummy! – This food is processed in the can, and of course none of the additives, preservatives, or growth hormones.
- You need to use a can of premium quality organic dog food of your choice.
- Drop teaspoon sized bites onto a parchement covered sheet pan, just like when you make cookies
- Freeze the drops for several hours, or overnight, and pop into a zip lock baggie and you’re ready to go.
Frozen Dog Treat # 2
FROZEN JUICE POPS.
- 1 quart natural fruit juice – (not sugared drinks, but real juice)
- 1 peeled ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yoghurt
- Blend all together in your kitchen blender
- Freeze in ice cube trays and they are ready for a hot summer afternoon anytime
Make sure not to use grape juice as this is toxic to dogs.
Another great natural frozen treat that is good for those long hot summer afternoons, and low in calories, and is quite simple.
Frozen Dog Treat # 3
FROZEN BANANA YOGURT POPS.
- 4 cups plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 ripe bananas
Puree the above three ingredients in food processor or blender.
Pour into ice cube trays – or ( I use the 3 oz. size bathroom dixie cups for my two girls)
Peel cup off frozen treat and let your puppy enjoy. I make sure my two are relaxing outside in the shade as this can become pretty messy in the house.
*Bananas and yoghurt are two excellent healthy snacks. This frozen treat is all natural, sugar free and good for your dog.
As always, Feed in moderation.
Frozen Dog Treat # 4
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER YOGURT TREATS.
1-32oz. container of yogurt
1 cup of Peanut butter
- Melt the peanut butter on low heat on the stove top.
- Mix the yogurt and the melted Peanut butter in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into size appropriate containers. (I use ice cube trays for my labs, but you can use smaller sized containers for smaller dogs.)
FREEZE, AND ENJOY ON A HOT SUMMER AFTERNOON!