|Homemade Dog Treats – Organic Beef Flavour
LADY AND LOLA WAITING FOR A HOMEMADE TREAT
- 1 pound lean organic stewing beef.
- Dice the meat into half-inch cubes.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchement paper and place the cubes of meat on it, close together.
- Put into a cold oven and heat to 300 degrees F.
- Cook the meat in the oven for 1 hour.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 210 degrees F and prop open the oven door (I use a small wooden spoon handle) to allow the moisture to escape.
- Dry the cubes of meat in the oven for a further 2 hours.
- Allow the beef crunchies to dry overnight at room temperature.
- These yummy homemade organic dog treats will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks – If your dog will allow it!
I found the above recipe in a cook book for dogs which is for sale here at my Amazon Book Store, titled: COOKING FOR YOUR DOG, Tasty, healthy and safe recipes, by Ingeborg Pils.
These Homemade Organic Dog Treats have turned out to be the favourite treat of all, and I make them often. Try the book, as there are many more gourmet treat recipes, along with delicious and healthy everyday recipes.