HOMEMADE PET FOOD RECIPES as RECOMMENDED BY DR. JONES
This will feed a healthy 30lb dog for 1 day.
- Beef or Chicken (Cooked) 1/3 lb
- Cooked rice or macaroni 2 cups
- Mixed vegetables up to 1 cup (it can be pureed)
- **Flaxseed Oil 1 tablespoon
- **Calcium 400mg (i.e. Tums, which is calcium carbonate)
- **Potassium chloride (used in the Supplement, or use salt if mixing your own supplement) 1/4 teaspoon
- **Vitamin/Mineral supplement (see note on supplements below)
- **Lactobacillus 1 probiotic capsule
- **OR REPLACE ALL THE STARRED ITEMS WITH THE ULTIMATE CANINE SUPPLEMENT
Mix all ingredients so they are well blended together. This will make just over 2 cups of food, enough for 1 day. Feed 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening.
This will feed a healthy 10 lb cat for 1-2 days.
- Protein must be cooked: 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast or thigh (minced) or 6 oz. ground turkey, or minced turkey (dark meat), or 1/2 lb. lean beef (minced) or 1/2 lb of fish
- If using canned fish with bones, decrease calcium to
1/4 regular amount)
- Puréed vegetables – 1/2 tablespoon (some cats prefer vegetable baby food)
- **Flaxseed oil 2 teaspoons
- **Calcium 300mg (i.e. Tums, which is calcium carbonate –
- **Potassium chloride 1/4 teaspoon
- **Vitamin/Mineral supplement 1 cat-size dose of multiple vitamin-mineral
supplement (human quality) or cat vitamin
- **Lactobacillus 1/4 of capsule
- **Taurine 80 mg (about 1/4 one 250 mg taurine capsule or
tablet, powdered – not needed if using cat vitamin)
- **OR REPLACE ALL STARRED INGREDIENTS ABOVE WITH THE ULTIMATE CAT SUPPLEMENT
Cook in a stew pot or crock pot. Then place feeding portions in freezer bags or containers and freeze. Defrost portion in refrigerator overnight.
You can pre-make large batches, freeze it, and then add vitamin/mineral supplements at the time of feeding.Note on supplements
If you are using human supplements, keep in mind that the average human supplement is designed for a 150-pound adult. A cat should get about 1/6 to 1/10 of a human supplement. A dog dosage can be calculated from the weight of the dog compared to 150 pounds. Do not overdose! Some vitamins and many minerals are toxic at high doses.
The vitamin-mineral supplement should be a good quality, human-type supplement, at the very least. Some of the cheaper human supplements, particularly those with a heavy coating, are not well digested by people and will not be by animals.
Bone meal must be an edible, human grade. Do not use bone meal intended for gardening or plants.
Replace potassium chloride with regular table salt. (DO NOT EXCEED DOSAGE GIVEN)
You can easily replace all of the supplements with **Dr. Jone’s Natural Ultimate Canine Supplement, or his **Ultimate Cat Supplement, made specifically for dogs and cats with appropriate dosages according to weigh. Alternately find a good pet supplement of your own liking at any specialty pet store or online.