Dangerous dog food is something that will make your dog sick or worse. Check this list out and be aware.
If your dog has ingested a toxic food for dogs, the treatment may or may NOT involve inducing vomiting.
In some cases, inducing vomiting can cause more harm than good. Please do not take matters into your own hands
I have my local poison control center numbers for people and pets taped by the phone.
Look up your local area poison control center and do the same now while you are thinking of it.
The ASPCA ANIMAL POISON CONTROL CENTER IS available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The number is (888) 426-4435. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.
People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets | Known Toxic Foods for Dogs – If you are not sure if something is safe of not, don't feed it.
This is a list of the common Poisonous and / or Dangerous Foods for Dogs that we should all be aware of.
People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets
This dangerous dog food list is important to know and understand, as some of the foods on this list can cause death in your pet.
Be aware, be prepared and be informed.
Chocolate, Coffee and all coffee related products, Chocolate covered espresso beans (extra toxic!!), energy drinks, and cocoa.
Symptoms to look for if ingested:
Some uneducated people think it's funny or cute to get their dog or cat or other pet “buzzed.”
Actually it's dangerous, and depending on the size of your pet and the amount of alcohol you force on them, DEATH is a good possibility.
Specifically MACADAMIAN NUTS, But also to a lesser degree walnuts, pistachios, almonds and other tree nuts also contain a toxin that harms dogs.
Symptoms of ingesting macadamian nuts in dogs:
Signs usually appear within 12 hours of ingestion and last approximately 12 to 48 hours.
WALNUTS Can cause gastroenteritis. (vomiting, dehydration and watery diarrhea. Other symptoms include lethargy, lack of appetite, stomach grumbling, and general listlessness.)
Nuts in general have a high phosphorus content which causes the formation of bladder stones in dogs, which ultamately may cause extremely painful bladder stones and/or complete urinary tract blockage, which is considered an immediate emergency.
So basically, stay away from any and all nuts. Your dog won't miss what he doesn't know.
The leaves, fruit, seeds and bark of avocados contain Persin, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea in dogs.
The first sign of avocado dog poisoning is typically
Some ingestions may even be fatal.
Since it is unknown how much is too much simply stay away from Avocados completely
|RAW YEAST DOUGH
Raw Yeast dough can rise and cause gas to accumulate in your pet’s digestive system.
This can cause extreme pain, and possibility of intestinal or stomach rupture, and eventually DEATH.
|XYLITOL (artificial sweeteners)
I have a homemade dog food feeding chart according to your dog's weight which shows exactly how much daily intake of salt is needed.
These symptoms are for excessive and unneccssary salty snacks (Chips, Cheesies etc.)
If your brew your own beer at home and have a dog be aware of the symptoms if he/she happens to ingest some hops.
|PITS AND SEEDS FROM FRUITS
The pits, seeds, stems and leaves of fruits such as apples, peaches, plums, apricots, persimmons and cherries are considered dangerous foods for dogs, and can cause fatalities.
|MOLDY OR SPOILED FOODS
The term used for molds growing on foodstuffs is called mycotoxins.
Mycotoxins (Mold) found on dog food, bread, and moldy cheese, should never be given to your pet.
Signs of poisoning from mold are:
If your dog eats wild mushrooms, consider them toxic until you can find out if the mushroom is poisonous.
Symptoms on ingestion of toxic mushrooms is a progression over 3 to 7 days:
|GRAPES AND RAISINS( including juices or anything with grapes or raisins as the base)can cause:
|ONIONS, ONION POWDER, GARLIC AND CHIVES
|Milk and milk based products may cause diarrhea, as pets can't properly break down lactose.|
|Tomato leaves and stems, Green part of potatoes (peelings, sprouts and foliage), Rhubarb leaves
These contain oxalates, which can affect the digestive, nervous, and urinary systems.