My old girl Lady loves these homemade dog treats.
As with all treats these are given in moderation as they are not extremely healthy. But just like us we adore our treats occasionally.
This takes a few meals of bacon and tomatoe sandwiches for my husband and me, and saving the strained bacon grease in the fridge until I have enough.
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 10 TBS. bacon fat – melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cut water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix well – drop from teaspoon onto ungreased non stick cookies sheet, and flatten with bottom of a glass.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth (canned – no sodium)
- 8 pieces of bacon cooked till crispy and crumbled – drain off extra grease.
Combine first 4 ingredients – mix well and add liquid broth
Add crumbled bacon bits.
Mix to make stiff dough (I use my food proccesor).
Roll out on a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into bite sized squares.
Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
*NOTE: you can use any flavour low sodium clear broth or soup as the liquid.
These turn out really crunchy and crispy and can be kept in a sealed container for a week or so.